Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Transfer 9 week 2

FEliz Ano Novo todo mundo!
espero que sejam felizes este ano e fazem muitas coisas boas para O Senhor.
Im enjoying working with my new companion, sister V. Morais.  SHe is a hard worker and dedicated so we are going to get a long great.  Im getting to know the area, its a lot bigger than what I was working in Julio de Castilho, but I rather enjoy more space to walk.  Its going to be a good transfer for sure. I know im going to be learning alot too.  I have been very pensativa....umm reflective, pensive: yeah about what i want to accomplish in the next five months and the rest of my life.  the last few nights  I have hardly been able to sleep because my mind is going crazy.  I first am thinking about my area and what i need to improve and then my thoughts start to wander off on the changes i make now how they´ll effect me in the future and then it thinking about everything under the sun and next thing i know im laying in bed wide eyed with a headache at 12:30 when i really need to be sleeping.  I literally had to count sheep last night to fall asleep.  I guess with the new year starting im seeing how quickly this time passes.  I dont want, on my last day of my mission to have tears of regret but tears of joy and happiness.
We have some awesome recent converts in my area, families so great.  one family in particular we are praying so much for.  Everyone is baptised except the father, (i wont cite his name because i dont know how to spell it or pronouce it properly...)  and he wants to be baptised so much.  He is such a humble man, the only problem is that he has commited one of those sins that arent easily pardoned.  Seeing him, knowing him, you wouldnt believe that he has killed someone.  I dont know the circumstance, but i believe it had to be for self defense.  We are waiting to hear back from the prophet if he can.  Sister Morais said it was heart breaking the first few months of working with the family because he would cry every time the sisters visited because he wants so much.  I want to see this family be an eternal family.  They are so special.  I have been studying more about breaking and keeping the commandments.  In this world satan tries to make us think that we arent sinning, or that it isnt a big deal.  But it is.  there are so many ways that we separate ourselves from God.  The hymn nearer my God to thee has taken on a new meaning to me as I have been reflecting on how i can purify my life.  That is what I want, to be nearer to God, to feel His spirit ever present in this life.  I know that the basics we need to do in this life are make and magnify our covenants with God; raise an eternal family, and share the gospel.  These are the things most important that daily living at times makes us forget.
God is awesome, HE really is our Father Eternal.  He is waiting to bless us, if we just keep His commandments.  I love this gospel, its perfect.
Love ya´ll, have a great week.
kristin
ps-did ya´ll make a list of what is happening in our family in 2011?  if so I want to know the results and if ya´ll did one for 2012.
pps-- you know what is awkward?  when you are sitting next to someone who obviously isnt using deodorant...and you keep thinking, is that me.? so you do the sneaky check like 5 times becuase you are started to get paranoid that you smell bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment