Monday, April 16, 2012

transfer 11 week 3


Hope everyone had the opportunity to listen to general conference this weekend, seriously, its such a blessing for us the hear from the lidership of the church. Really recharged my batteries to give me some more gun-ho for these last two transfers. I was really impressed by the testimonies of those who spoke, and the love and compassion they show for us. Without a doubt in my mind this men are truly prophets and apostolos of God. We are so blessed to be living in a time where the gospel is being carried throughout the world, and all the tecnologies that allow todos ouvir the words of the prophet. Did ya´ll know that Elder Scott does his own translation into portuges? Yeah. it was funny, because i leaned over to sister De Oliveira and said, man this translator´s voice is exactly like Elder scott´s.; She laughed at me, uh thats because this IS his voice. Chique de mais! We had two of our less actives of whom we are working with who went to the conference. Super blessing. I think inactives are more difficult to get to church than investigators, I was really happy when i saw them there.
People always said a mission isn´t easy. You can´t really imagine how hard it is until you are in it. There are many moments of sadness, rejection, pain, anquish, frustration, tiredness; Its really hard to see people who have been touched by the holy spirit, who recieve a witness of the varacity of the gospel, and still, wont follow. But what makes up for these moments is the complete joy of seeing some accept and make the changes in their lives. I think you see more challenges and difficulties than the good, but the good is so great it outshines those of the opposite. Im grateful for all those who have had an influence in my life to make those decisions that lead to happiness. Those decisions of choosing the right, keeping the commandents, repenting, making covenants. I am grateful for our Heavenly Father, that he gave me the life and the light i have, to help other people. I know this is the only true church upon the face of the earth, the only church that has the fulness of the gospel, with revelation through a prophet and autority of God. I know this is the plan of happiness, to return back to our Heavenly Parents. I know the book of Mormon is another testmony of our Savior Jesus Christ; that we can resolve any life question by reading her. I know Joseph Smith was called of God to restore the church of Christ.
I love my Savior, I know he lives and loves each one of us with a love we cannot comprehend.
Love this work.
Sister Smith


photo 1: (left to right) sister Heydorn (california) Sister Ramires (Campo grande, she is serving cut time in the place of sister fernandes) Eu e sister De Oliveira (natal)

No comments:

Post a Comment