Monday, April 16, 2012

transfer 11 week 5

Hello family!!
We had a great week this week working with our members and integrating our investigators with them. We are working with four families right now, one of them we met yesterday. These families are super legal, but we are having a big struggle getting these folks out to church. I really want to blast this last transfer outta the park, giving it all I have and more. I feel super blessed for the opportunity to be working with so many neat families, as I have never encountered so many families to teach at one time. I know with patience, diligence and obedience we can meet our goals and help these families commece on the path that leads to eternal families. we are trying to reactivate another family too, soemthing that is really neat is one of the elders in our zone, his first area in brasil (he also had visa problems and was reassigned to Alabama for 6 months) was Bandeirantes and this family was the very first home he visited. So this last week had a family night and invited him and his companion. We did not say anthing to Elidimar about him coming, we just showed up and said we had a suprise for her. The whole family was so happy to see him, it was a cool experiece. We are working really hard to help people feel the spirit and understand how to make those changes in life that are neccisary to come unto Christ. I really want to make the best of these last 7 weeks.
As much as I joke about being ´´trunky´´ with everyone, and truly I am counting down the weeks, I feel even more of a desire to give all that I have. Im not just going to stop because my time is almost up. Yesterday we had our meeting with our ward mission leader and in the middle of it, I was thinking of some things I could do differently, some activities we could plan for the ward, and I felt so anxious to get out of the chapel and start talking with people on the street about the gospel, and how short this time really is, I just had a thought, minha nossa, (thats like, oh my gosh) I need more time! This is the best time in my life, to truly know what it is to serve the Lord with everything that I am, and everything that I could be. This is the best opportunity to show the Lord how grateful we are for the bountious blessings he gives us, especially to me. To have been born in the gospel, to have felt the sweetness of His Redeeming Love, God is so good to us, we give our lousy 10% and he gives 100% because he loves us that much. As much as sometimes I feel realy discouraged in this work, as people have their agency, I know that I have done my part. I have testified and been sincere in letting people know that I know that this is the only church on the face of the earth that is completely Christ´s, no other has the fulness. I am grateful for the other religions and churches, for the faith that these churches have given people, that in the end prepare them to recieve the fulness of the gospel. I know this is work is of the Lord, and I am grateful for the privelege to have the autority to preach it.
Love you all,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment